What is Toenail Fungus?
Fungal nail infections are common infections of the fingernails or toenails that can cause the nail to become discolored, thick, and more likely to crack and break. Infections are more common in toenails than fingernails. The technical name for a fungal nail infection is “onychomycosis.” (source)
If your condition is mild and not bothering you, you may not need treatment. If your nail fungus is painful and has caused thickened nails, self-care steps, and medications/supplements may help.
What Are The Symptoms of Toenail Fungus?
You may have nail fungus if one or more of your nails are:
- Whitish to yellow-brown discoloration
- Brittle, crumbly or ragged
- Distorted in shape
- A dark color, caused by debris building up under your nail
- Smelling slightly foul
Nail fungus can affect fingernails, but it’s more common in toenails.
Causes of Toenail Fungus and Some Risk Factors
In normal, healthy people, fungal infections of the nails are most commonly caused by fungus that is caught from moist, wet areas. Communal showers, such as those at a gym or swimming pools, are common sources. Going to nail salons that use inadequate sanitization of instruments (such as clippers, filers, and foot tubs) in addition to living with family members who have fungal nails are also risk factors.
Athletes have been proven to be more susceptible to nail fungus. This is presumed to be due to the wearing of tight-fitting, sweaty shoes associated with repetitive trauma to the toenails. Having athlete’s foot makes it more likely that the fungus will infect your toenails. Repetitive trauma also weakens the nail, which makes the nail more susceptible to fungal infection.
Elderly people and people with certain underlying disease states are also at higher risk. Anything that impairs your immune system can make you prone to getting infected with the fungus. These include conditions such as AIDS, diabetes, cancer, psoriasis, or taking any immunosuppressive medications like steroids.
Complications of Untreated Toenail Fungus
A severe case of nail fungus can be painful and may cause permanent damage to your nails. And it may lead to other serious infections that spread beyond your feet if you have a suppressed immune system due to medication, diabetes or other conditions.
If you have diabetes, you may have reduced blood circulation and nerve supply in your feet. You’re also at greater risk of a bacterial skin infection (cellulitis). So any relatively minor injury to your feet — including a nail fungal infection — can lead to a more serious complication. See your doctor if you have diabetes and think you’re developing nail fungus.
What is Kerassentials?
Kerassentials is a natural formula which is developed by a doctor named Dr. Kimberly Langdon. The doctor claims that it works well for toenail fungus. The dietary supplement comes in a natural oil formulation that claims to prevent fungus on the nails and dry skin, smelly feet, or yellowed nails.
Kerassentials offers a powerful mixture of ingredients that are derived from natural extracts. It’s marketed for both males and females.
Below you can take a look at the original bottle of kerassentials.
Kerassentials claims to focus on the root cause of your nail and skin infection.
It is made up of certain substances that were examined to improve the condition of your nails and skin. It is not necessary to be concerned that the oil could cause adverse consequences. The manufacturer claims It is absolutely safe and does not include stimulants.
When you apply the Kerassentials oil to your nails and skin, the ingredients will be infiltrated into your nails and skin.
How Does It Work?
The creator of Kerassentials claims that this oil works by targeting the root cause of nail fungus. While other nail treatments tackle the visible symptoms of nail fungus.
This is what the creators say: “If you don’t address the underlying cause of your nail fungus, then you’ll continue to experience nail fungus issues. Many people repeatedly experience nail fungus, for example, even after using topical treatments.”
The largest ingredient in Kerassentials is undecylenic acid. Undecylenic acid is a fatty acid linked to fungus-fighting benefits. With a concentration of 5%, the undecylenic acid in Kerassentials can the creator claims it helps support your skin and nail’s natural defenses against fungal infections.
Other key ingredients in Kerassentials include lavender oil, tea tree oil, and other natural oils. Many of these ingredients have natural antifungal, antibacterial properties.
Kerassentials also contains antioxidants to target inflammation within your skin and nails. When your body is dealing with a fungal infection, it may send inflammatory compounds to the source of the infection to attempt to heal it.
How Nail Fungus Works
Approximately 10% of the population has nail fungus, although nail fungus issues are more common as you get older. (source)
Also known as onychomycosis, toenail fungus infections thrive in warm and damp environments. When fungal spores land on a receptive surface – like your toenail – they burrow into the skin underneath the nail, making them difficult to remove.
The bacteria that cause fungus feed off nail tissues, growing over time as the infection spreads. Over time, this causes the nail to thicken and eventually lift off the nail bed. Fungus debris accumulates, leading to an unsightly separation of your toe and nail.
After your nail has left the nail bed, it will not reattach, and a new nail will not grow from that part of the nail bed. If you have reached this part of a nail infection, then Kerassentials will not help regrow your nail – although it could help support your body’s defense against the infection.
To regrow a toenail after an infection, you may need to remove the nail completely, then let a new nail grow from the root at the base.
Scientific Evidence for Kerassentials
Kerassentials doesn’t just claim to get rid of fungus and skin issues: it claims to prevent fungus from returning. It also claims to be a science-backed, doctor-formulated blend. We’ll review some of the scientific evidence supporting Kerassentials below.
First, Kerassentials has not completed clinical trials to verify it works as advertised. However, the manufacturer cites 29 studies on the Kerassentials references page to verify the formula works. Those studies show many of the individual ingredients in Kerassentials can lead to significant skin supporting, fungus fighting benefits.
The largest ingredient in Kerassentials is undecylenic acid. Undecylenic acid is used to treat skin fungal infections like athlete’s foot and jock itch. It’s a fatty acid that helps to prevent the growth of fungus.
Undecylenic acid has proven fungal-fighting effects. In this study, for example, researchers found undecylenic acid had significant antifungal effects on the biofilm formation of Candida albicans. Researchers exposed this biofilm to undecylenic acid, and found the acid inhibited the formation of the biofilm while reducing its strength, making it easier to cleanse the biofilm from the surface.
Other studies have found undecylenic acid is effective for onychomycosis, which is a fungal infection of the fingernails or toenails. Onychomycosis causes discoloration, thickening, and separation from the nailbed, and it occurs in approximately 10% of the population. In this study, for example, researchers found a topical treatment of undecylenic acid was helpful against fungus when used over a period of one year.
Some of the natural ingredients in Kerassentials could provide antifungal effects. In this 2013 study, for example, tea tree oil effectively reduced growth of a fungus called Trichophyton rubrum. This is the same fungus that causes infections like athlete’s foot and general nail fungus issues. Researchers applied tea tree oil to the fungus in a test tube and found it had significant antifungal properties.
Lavender essential oil could have similar antifungal benefits. In this 2015 study published in Scientifica, for example, researchers found lavender essential oil helped with Candida albicans, a common type of fungus. Researchers compared lavender oil to clotrimazole, a conventional fungus treatment. Researchers found lavender was more effective and led to lower fungal cell counts after 48 hours, which suggests it can have powerful antifungal effects. However, researchers also cautioned that more studies were necessary before validating lavender’s use in candida infection.
Kerassentials Ingredients Review
The following is the list of the ingredients present in the liquid formula. Here is a peek at a few elements that go into making it.
- Organic Flaxseed Oil: Organic Flaxseed Oil is added in the Kerassentials, made from matured flaxseeds, and contains alpha-linolenic Acid and omega-3 fatty acids, a superfood for your skin.
- Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil is an essential oil with many therapeutic benefits. Among its healing benefits, tea tree oil has antifungal and antiseptic properties and may be an effective treatment for nail fungus. According to a 2013 study, tea tree oil was effective in reducing growth of the fungus Trichophyton rubrum in nail infections. T. rubrum is a fungus that can cause infections such as athlete’s foot and nail fungus. Improvements were seen after 14 days. Results of a 1994 study found pure tea tree oil was equally as effective as the antifungal clotrimazole (Desenex) in treating fungal toenail infections.
- Lavender Oil: Lavender oil is one of the best compounds for your nails and skin. It is used extensively in cosmetics and skincare products. It protects your nail keratin and helps to maintain it. It can also be used to treat eczema and menstrual cramps. Numerous studies have supported the claim that lavender has antifungal, curative, and healing properties. This makes it an effective ingredient for treating fungus and other infections. It can prevent hair loss which is often a side effect of fungal infections. Its anti-inflammatory properties help to heal damaged skin and prevent future infections.
- Lemongrass Oil: Lemongrass Oil is yet another ingredient that is effective for the efficient antifungal characteristic that will let you discover a better way to prevent fungal infection by eliminating the yellowish nails.
- Isopropyl Palmitate: Isopropyl Palmitate is the most effective ingredient that mainly targets the root reason for the fungus spread, which helps to get better skin without any broad reach of the fungal infection, and it will give you healthy and clear skin.
- Aloe Vera Extract: You use aloe vera every day in many products. Aloe vera has incredible healing properties due to its antifungal, anti-aging, and anti-inflammatory qualities. It can protect you against scarring and acne. Aloe vera, when taken in the correct amount of Kerassentials, can protect you against any resistant fungi. Aloe vera can provide perfect skin moisturization and nourishment thanks to its medicinal properties. Polyphenols in Aloe vera help to prevent the growth and spread of harmful germs and fungi. It can also help with skin irritations, itching, redness, swelling, and redness. Aloe vera is not toxic and can be used to moisturize your skin. Kerassentials also contains other ingredients that dry your nails and skin in humid environments.
- Almond Oil: A versatile, non-toxic oil for treating skin and nails is made from almond oil extracted from almond nuts. Antioxidants found in abundance in this oil help lower the spread of fungus infections and protect against fungal growth. It additionally promotes the growth of healthy nails.
- Undecylenic Acid: Undecylenic Acid is the primary ingredient added in the Kerassentials that are special to prevent fungal infections. It will also be beneficial for controlling the fungus from protecting your nails.
- DL-alpha-Tocopherol: DL-alpha-Tocopherol is the stable form of Vitamin E that will give you complete protection for your skin and nails, which actually prevents skin aging and also gives you fabulous healthy nails.
Benefits of Using Kerassentials
While Kerassentials is not considered a supplement, it has multiple positive reviews on its website. If you are also planning to use Kerassential, you can expect these benefits.
- Healthy Nails and Better Skin – Kerassentials creators claim that it helps in improving the overall health of your skin and nails. They also stated that Its regular use can remove nail fungus.
- Reduced Inflammation – Inflammation can cause weak nails, Kerassentials may fight the inflammation. If you use this product, you may protect your nails from getting any further nail damage.
- Improved and Hydrated Skin – The ingredients added in this product may increase the hydration and elasticity of the skin.
How To Use Kerassentials
Kerassentials can be used by anyone. Shake it before using it. The only thing you have to do is apply it four times per day. It is recommended to apply at least twice in the morning and then twice in the afternoon. Make use of the brush applicator to apply the coating and then use a cotton swab to apply the solution to the cuticle. Make sure that you use this formula for a longer period (3-6 months) to ensure the most effective outcomes. It is best to store it at room temperature. In case you swallow it, drink plenty of water immediately and seek medical attention as soon as you notice.
You can find Kerassentials only on its official website. We suggest you only buy it from this marketplace to receive an authentic product.
One bottle of Kerassentials is priced at $69 on the official website. If you want to get a discount on this product, you can buy it in bulk. If you purchase three bottles of the supplement together, you can get each bottle for $59.
Similarly, if you purchase six bottles of the supplement, you can get each for $49 only.
When you decide to purchase Kerassentials or related products, your order will be automatically shipped after you’ve filled in the order form and your payment is confirmed.
In no more than 60 hours, you will receive an email with your shipping tracking ID and a personalized link that allows you to check your shipment anytime you like.
After receiving this email, you can rest assured, as your order is on its way to you and will be delivered to the address you have provided as soon as possible.
If, at any time, you have any questions, simply let them know by writing them an email to this address email@example.com.
|Delivery Address||Shipping Fee||Shipping Time|
|United States||FREE||5-7 working days|
|Canada||$15.95||10-15 working days|
|UK and Ireland||$15.95||10-15 working days|
|Australia and New Zealand||$15.95||10-15 working days|
Here is the list of the most frequently asked questions regarding the shipping policy and the order status. Please go through them, as they should help you find the answer to your inquiries in no time.
You have 60 days after they ship your order to explore the benefits of the product and draw your own conclusions. Hopefully, you’ll become one of the many customers who contact them to share the joy of their experience.
BEFORE you request a refund, please make sure you’ve given the product enough time to work for you. They usually advise all their customers to take some time with the supplements in order for them to prove their effect on the organism before reaching a conclusion. Yet, if you are not satisfied with your investment, you can easily ask for your money back!
This is their short how-to-easily-refund list for the steps you must follow:
- 1. Make sure you are still in the 60-days period that follows the day the order has been shipped to you. You can find the date on the package or in your inbox in the shipment confirmation email.
- 2. Send an email to their support team firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add “Refund Request” in the subject line of your email to ensure your refund request gets priority.
- 3. Send all the bottles back to them at the below address. It doesn’t matter if the bottles are opened or not. Insert a note with your full name, email, and order id (optional) so your order can be located and processed with priority.
19655 E 35th Dr #100, Aurora, CO 80011, USA.
Be patient, they will process your refund in no time after they get your package… and, rest assured, they will send you an email to let you know it has been done. It may take a while for your refund to appear on your credit card statement, depending on which bank you use or credit card company. The processing time is between 5 and 10 days.
The manufacturers reveal everything behind making the supplement, unlike many secret ingredient supplements in the market. The company is also transparent in revealing the ingredients as well. To ensure reliability and value for customer’s money, they are also providing a 60 day money-back guarantee if the product doesn’t work.
If you want to try the Kerassentials oil we strongly recommend you buy only from the official site and avoid retailers on Amazon because most of the bottles sold there are fake, and you can get scammed.
Thank you for reading this review, I hope that it made things clear about how this natural supplement works and if it can help you with your condition or not. Feel free to add a comment if you already used this supplement or if you know some others that you need a detailed review about, we can make a separate post for it and help as many people as we can.
* Important: We independently research, review, and recommend the best products. We are an affiliate website, which means if you buy any of the recommended products through our links, we may earn a small commission. Thank you for supporting the website.
Please note that the information we provide is not intended to replace consultation with a qualified medical professional. We encourage you to inform your physician of changes you make to your lifestyle and discuss these with him or her. For questions or concerns about any medical conditions you may have, please contact your doctor.
Statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using our products.
The website’s content and the product for sale are based upon the author’s opinion and are provided solely on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. You should do your own research and confirm the information with other sources when searching for information regarding health issues and always review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider before using any of the protocols presented on this website and/or the product sold here.
ClickBank is the retailer of products on this site. CLICKBANK® is a registered trademark of Click Sales, Inc., a Delaware corporation located at 1444 South Entertainment Ave, Suite 410, Boise, Idaho, 83709, USA and used by permission. ClickBank’s role as retailer does not constitute an endorsement, approval or review of these products or any claim, statement or opinion used in promotion of these products.
*For international shipping (outside of the United States), shipping fees will apply.
Evaluation of the Therapeutic Efficacy of Tea Tree Oil in Treatment of Onychomycosis
Investigations of kanuka and manuka essential oils for in vitro treatment of disease and cellular inflammation caused by infectious microorganisms
Chemical composition and antimicrobial activity of chia (Salvia hispanica L.) essential oil
An Open Study to Evaluate Effectiveness and Tolerability of a Nail Oil Composed of Vitamin E and Essential Oils in Mild to Moderate Distal Subungual Onychomycosis